Personal Boundaries & Effective Confrontation
Ever feel like others are directing what's best for your life?
Ever feel like others are directing what's best for YOUR LIFE?
If so, you aren't alone.
Do you struggle with:
- Speaking up when you know you need to.
- Saying YES to others when deep down you want to say NO.
- Feeling tired of others getting credit at work for your ideas.
- Being a people-pleaser to keep the peace.
It's not uncommon for people struggle with speaking up to friends, co-workers, bosses, parents, & significant others.
Why? Because deep inside of you there is a fear of not being liked or a fear that someone special in your life will leave you if you tell them what you really want to say.
I'm here to tell you that there is a better way.
There's no need to put other people's needs ahead of your own (at your expense.)
That's why I've created this online course. You can learn exactly how to stop feeling like a victim, a doormat or a martyr.
In this course, I give you the training and tools you need to create personal boundaries around yourself and feel confident to have effective conversations so you can get what you want from others in a way that feels comfortable to you.
If you agree with any of these statements, you'll highly benefit from this course:
- I'm tired of _______ constantly criticizing what I do and how I do it.
- I wish ________ would stop demeaning me about how I look.
- I need to know how I can effectively and assertively talk to ________ about how I choose to live my life.
- I want to tell ________ to respect my life partner but struggle with how to have the conversation.
- I struggle with defending my religious practices to ________ and want to know how I can ask others to respect my choices.
- I don't feel that __________ doesn't respect our romantic relationship and am considering leaving sooner rather than later.
After taking this course, you'll feel comfortable having the difficult conversations to get you want you truly want out of life.
You'll have the confidence, the tools and the scripts to be able to create boundaries around your personal life so YOU ARE DIRECTING WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU - not the other way around.
When this course is completed, you'll be able to:
- Stand up for what you want and have an effective conversation without the fear that it will come across "too aggressive."
- Say what you want in a group, in your family or on a date without the fear of being criticized or mocked.
- Hang up the phone when you want to end the conversation without feeling guilty that the other person will be mad at you.
- Speak up confidently about your salary requirements in a job interview or when you want to ask for that promotion at work.
- Set sexual boundaries in your romantic relationship.
- Know when it's time to leave an unhealthy relationship and how to have the conversation.
- And...so much more.
Throughout this course, you will learn the tools to help you know when your actions, verbal requests & comments are appropriate and assert yourself in way that will truly get you what you want without the fear of being too aggressive.
Let's get started together...
Get started now!
Denise O'Doherty, LPC, MSN, LMFT, LCDC is a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Licensed Marriage an Family Therapist, a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and a Registered Nurse. She lives in Houston, Texas where she has a has a private practice as a psychotherapist. Denise is the author of the Personal Boundaries & Effective Confrontation - Workbook. In addition to her practice, she is a lecturer and trainer of various personal self-development courses.